UbuWeb Top Ten:
Selected by Adalaide Morris
1. Billie Whitelaw, "Not I" (1973)
2. Jonas Mekas - Scenes from Allen's Last Three Days on Earth as a Spirit (1997)
3 Agnes Varda - Black Panthers, Huey! (1968)
4. John Cage Meets Sun Ra, Side B" (MP3)
5. Henri Chopin - Le Ventre de Bertini, Audio-poème (MP3)
6. Philip Glass - Score of "1 + 1 for One Player and Amplified Table-Top."
7. Christian Bök - Eunoia, Chapter u
8a. Cecil Taylor - Chinampas 1987 (MP3)
8b. Fred Moten on Cecil Taylor's Chinampas
9. Peter Greenaway - Four American Composers: Meredith Monk (1983)
10. Gregory Whitehead, "What Words Want"
Adalaide Morris is John C. Gerber Professor of English at the University of Iowa, where she teaches courses in modern and contemporary poetry and poetics. Her publications include How to Live / What to Do: H.D.'s Cultural Poetics (Illinois, 2003) and two edited collections, Sound States: Innovative Poetics and Acoustical Technologies (North Carolina, 1997) and, with Thom Swiss, New Media Poetics: Contexts, Technotexts, and Theories (MIT, 2006). Her current project is a book with the tentative title What Else Can Poetry Do? With Alan Golding and Lynn Keller, she co-edits the Contemporary North American Poetry Series at the University of Iowa Press.