UbuWeb Top Ten:
Selected by Pauline Oliveros
1. Billy Bang - "Daydreams"
2. Guy Klucevsek - "Clairvoyant"
3. Mauricio Kagel - Antithese
4. Tehching Hsieh - One Year Performance, No. 2 (1980-81)
5. Her Noise - The Making Of
6. Terry Fox - Children's Tapes
7. Glenn Gould - Karlheinz Klopweisser Promo for CBC
8. Sainkho Namtchylak - Roulette TV
9. John Baldessari (b. 1931) - Baldessari Sings Lewitt
Pauline Oliveros (b. 1932) is an accordionist and composer who was a central figure in the development of post-war electronic art music. Oliveros was a founding member of the San Francisco Tape Music Center in the 1960s, and served as its director. She has taught music at Mills College, the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Oliveros has written books, formulated new music theories and investigated new ways to focus attention on music including her concepts of Deep Listening and "sonic awareness". More here.